1. Meriwether County School District is in close communication with local, federal, and state agencies carefully monitoring the situation, and we are making the necessary preparations in the event COVID-19 becomes more prevalent in our community.
2. We all play a role in reducing the likelihood of a coronavirus outbreak in our schools and community. The same measures used to prevent the spread of any virus are increasingly important, including:
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after using the restroom and before preparing or consuming food. Wash for 20 seconds, using soap and hot water. Be sure to also wash your fingertips.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, and then throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- As much as you can, avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- If children are feeling sick, please keep them home from school. Allow them ample time to feel better, so they do not risk infecting others.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
3. We will continue to communicate with you in the days and weeks to come. Please make sure your child’s school has an up-to-date contact number, email, and physical address on file. Our “all call” system is the fastest and most effective way to communicate with our families and staff.
4. As always, the safety of our students, staff and families remains our top priority. We will act out an abundance of caution to protect everyone’s health and well-being.